Friday 12 March 2010

Update

Weighed in today :

Last update : 13 Feb 216lb
Today's weigh in : 12 Mar 209lb

Under the 15st I set myself in Jan! F-A-N-Tastic!

Im going to do weekly updates from now on as that's what I work by anyway.

I also usually rate my performance using the ABC criterion ie

A for Activity (Exercise)
B for Behaviour (Mental outlook etc)
C for Consumption

A - Activity- this has been excellent. Have added a new circuit training session this week so I am now doing 2 circuits a week (Monday and Weds evenings). And though it may be weird to say, I love this type of exercise! Circuits rock!

B - Behaviour - not good. Got really obsessive past couple of weeks about getting to the 210 "target". Havent looked for work hard enough. Have got nervous about doing ANYTHING stressful that'll make me tired and predisposed to binge. I think to be honest Im pushing it too hard and I need to take it easier in the next few weeks.

C - Consumption - excellent. But then I can eat at home and dont have to eat on the hoof. Which goes back to B - Im nervous if I change anything about my current lifestyle I'll go back to binging.

Agghh!

My new weight loss target : Get down to One-Der-Land by May 20th (going to see my cousins that day who live across the country from here)

That's over 2 months away so I think it's more than realistic. It's also a less demanding goal so I dont have to be obsessive about trying to lose "extra" weight through exercise. Hopefully that will help me get away from that mindset.

I do NOT want to binge just because I've reached my initial goal. Hah!

I'm also going to have to create some new goals for the next few months. My Jan ones were really all about the weight. Time to round out things a bit more :)

4 comments:

Jeremy Logsdon said...

Good for you for not wanting to binge. That's something I still struggle with; wanting to reward myself with food. I just lost a pound! Let's eat ice cream!

And 9 pounds in two months is very smart and doable. Good luck! :)

Jonathan said...

Thanks Jeremy.

Shouldnt have spoken too soon. Went to see my jobs councillor in the afternoon. Im sure he didnt intend to , but he got me so depressed with his comments about the job market that I went back home and had a mini binge. On a family sized pack of crisps.

* Sigh * I often think of Tony P (anti Jared) saying that even after losing all that weight he is still having to fight every day that impulse to binge. Can we ever get rid of this demon inside us?

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

Sounds like you're doing really well! It's always good to re-eval and change things up a bit. :)

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. I like your idea of adding in some life goals in addition to weight related ones!