Tuesday 19 January 2010

Starting point

This blog is here to record my weight loss journey. However along the way I expect it will become a bit more than that. After all, I'm not overweight just because I eat too much am I? lol. So I will probably talk about the rest of my life too. We'll see how it goes.

I probably should first talk about fundamentals. I'm a 45 year old man, reasonably active, and currently weigh just over 16st. I'd like to lose 3-3 1/2 stone and get under 13 stone. I'm 6 ft tall so that wouldnt be a bad weight to be.

My current goals (next 3 months) are :

1. To get my weight down from my current "plateau" weight range (16 - 16 1/2 stone) and get down to 15st. I know at that weight I'll definitely be able to see changes in my appearance.

2. To increase my stamina and engage with life more.

3. To go on holiday in April and not look like a fat walrus.

No 2 is probably the most important of these. But it's funny how No 1 - the numbers - seems more important.

(No 3 meanwhile is both the carrot and the stick lol )

Let's see how we go.

1 comment:

Disciplineorregret.com said...

Gosh I wish I was just a little over 16st :-)

I am currently clocking in at 19st and need to get down to at least 14st!

Well keep going, you can do it!

Take care,
Andrew